Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear Reader,

Dear Reader,

I am originally from a small town called Zamboanga in the Philippines. It was 0ctober of 2005 when I arrived here in Arlington, Washington. I return to college to become a registered nurse. In 2007, I had started to take this same class with the same instructor, but then in the middle I moved to California for a family reason. When I returned to Everett I registered for this class again. I knew I would like it because I am comfortable with the instructor; she explains things thoroughly and makes it easy to figure out what to do. I have enjoyed this class because I have improved in my English skills. Even though she gives a lot of homework, I enjoy it and it has helped me to be a better writer.

The things that have motivated me to continue attending this class are my classmates, my peer response group, and my study group. The peer response helps me to write better English, because that’s where I learn to find my mistakes. The study group helped me to remember all the lessons we learned in the class, by reviewing all together as a group. Most of all, I appreciate our English instructor who manage to understands everybody most of the time. I found it hard to write essays as they take me forever to think of the needed vocabulary. I honestly enjoyed doing the blog, except I had to write more using what we had learned in class. I thank God we are done because run out of stories to tell.

I remember the first day of the quarter, the class was so quiet, I felt that everybody was unfriendly. Things changed the longer I attended the class. Now I don’t feel like attending another class without my familiar the classmates that I met this quarter. I like the unity we have in the class and the friendships we have built. I love how the class thought me how I have improved my writing skills, and that I am getting better at forming ideas to write about. I spent sleepless nights and stressful days as I struggled with figuring out how to write, and the overwhelming moments I experienced this quarter has had its effect on me. Even all the hardships I have faced in this class is worth it because I have learned a lot and have improved my English skills. I would recommend this class and instructor to anyone wanting or needing to improve their writing skills.

In my e-portfolio I included 3 of my major writing assignments and one of the journals I wrote in class. I posted a picture with my dog to share with you one of my treasured memories. I hope you will enjoy all the short stories I wrote. you are all welcome to post a comments and suggestions on my writing.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed getting to know you. I hope our friendship continues. Your writting has improved so much. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Work Mae Congrats.

    If you need any help regarding the writing an essay.

    feel free to contact as

    www.onlineewriters.com

    ReplyDelete